Google has released Google Things to Do, a new search experience for attractions and ticketing-based businesses.
Important: During the initial pilot stage, Google will only list products for attraction and ticketing-based businesses. Google is currently working on a new search experience for tours & activities which will be released soon.
How to connect to Google Things to do
- Click the following link to load the Google Things to do profile page.
- Within the profile page, click the Add Agent button.
Within the New Agent page, click the Add products button.
Within the products list window:
- Tick the products you want to send to Google.
- Click the Save Products button.
Tip: Please ensure that your products in Rezdy have images, titles, and descriptions. These are the minimal requirements from Google.
Once saved, close the products list window to return to the New Agent page, and click the Add agent button. Done!
How to manage your products
Once you have connected Google Things to do to your Rezdy account, you can make further updates by clicking the Manage products button within the Google Thing To Do page (which can be found from your Agents list page).
- Booking URL: By default, we send your Rezdy booking URL to Google. This can be updated to your direct website booking URL. The URL must start with https:// or http://.
Important: If you choose to enter your website (or a 3rd party site) as the landing page, Rezdy will not be able to determine the source of the booking, therefore it will be created as an 'online booking' instead of coming from Google (as the source).
Once you've made your updates, remember to click the Save Products button.
Note: If you enter your own Booking URL, you must ensure that the landing page is live and active, the product information (i.e. name, description) is matching, and the price is visible and matching (if not similar) to your Rezdy calendar.
Frequently Asked Questions
What happens to my current product listings on Reserve with Google (RwG)?
- While RwG is still active, your product listings will remain until Rezdy is fully live with Google Things to do search experience.
When will Reserve with Google be turned off?
- August 1st 2021.
Is there a commission or a fee when a booking is made through Google Things to do?
- There is no commission, and full amount will be paid to you (the operator). All bookings will be counted towards your monthly subscription online booking fees.
I have completed the above setup steps, how long will it take to see my products listed on Google Things to do?
- We will send operator account and product data to Google twice a day. During the pilot stage however, only attraction and ticketed products will be accepted by Google, and some delays are expected.
How will I know if an order is made using Google Things to do?
- You will see a reference to Google as the source within the order, and from the orders list page. Please note, this will only apply if you are using your Rezdy URL as the booking URL.
I operate tours & activities and ticketed services to attractions, which products will Google list on Things to Do?
- During the initial pilot stage, Google will only list products for attraction and ticketing-based businesses. Google is currently working on a new search experience for tours & activities which will be released soon.