Google has released Google Things to Do, a search experience for attractions and ticketing-based businesses.
Before you get started
During the setup, you will need to designate a landing page for each product. If you choose to use your own website (or a 3rd party site) as the landing page, you must ensure that:
- The landing page goes directly to the details and descriptions of the product.
- Your Rezdy product's description, images and price must match the landing page.
- The price of the product must be easy to see.
- Products must feature the experience shown in the title and images.
- Product titles should lead with concise information about the product itself.
Failing to follow these policies may result in your products being excluded from Google Things to do search results.
Note: Make sure you have at least one payment method enabled within the Settings > Payments page. Click here to learn more.
How to connect to Google Things to do
- Click the following link to load the Google Things to do profile page.
- Within the profile page, click the Add Agent button.
Within the New Agent page:
- Confirm your products.
- Click the Add agent button.
How to manage your products
Once you have connected Google Things to do to your Rezdy account, you can make further updates by clicking the Manage products button within the Google Thing To Do page (which can be found from your Agents list page).
- Booking URL: By default, we send your Rezdy booking URL to Google. This can be updated to your direct website booking URL. The URL must start with https:// or http://.
- Official supplier: By default, this option is enabled. If you are not the official supplier of the product, uncheck this option.
Important: When using your own website (or a 3rd party site) as the landing page, make sure you have read and followed the policies outlined above on products, images, landing pages, and more. Failing to follow these policies may result in your product/s being excluded from Google Things to do search results.
Once you've made your updates, remember to click the Save Products button.
Note: If you use your website (or a 3rd party site) as the landing page, Rezdy will not be able to determine the source of the booking.
Frequently Asked Questions
Is there a commission or a fee when a booking is made through Google Things to do?
- There is no commission, and full amount will be paid to you (the operator). All bookings will be counted towards your monthly subscription online booking fees.
I have completed the above setup steps, how long will it take to see my products listed on Google Things to do?
- We will send operator account and product data to Google twice a day.
I have completed the setup, but my products still have not appeared on Google Things to do, why?
- If you have followed the Google policies outlined here, but still cannot find your products on Google Things to do; click here to raise a ticket. Google will provide (to us) a reason why certain products have been excluded from search results.
How will I know if an order is made using Google Things to do?
- You will see a reference to Google as the source within the order, and from the orders list page. Please note, this will only apply if you are using your Rezdy URL as the booking URL.