With the Smartwaiver/Rezdy integration customers can complete your waiver online and the signed, legal document will automatically be attached to the booking in your Rezdy account.
How to create your API key within Smartwaiver
You must have waivers first created before you can create your API key. Login to your Smartwaiver account, and click the following link: https://app.smartwaiver.com/user/api
- Click the Create New API Key button
- Enter a descriptive label
- Click Create
You should see your new key, copy this key and follow this link: https://app.rezdy.com/apps/appdetails/smartwaiver
- Paste the key in the API Key section
Before clicking the Save button, move on to How to get your Webhook Private key below.
How to get your Webhook Private Key
While still within Rezdy (https://app.rezdy.com/apps/appdetails/smartwaiver)
- Highlight and Copy your Rezdy Webhook URL
Make sure you are still logged into your Smartwaiver account, click the below link: https://app.smartwaiver.com/user/webhooks
- Select Web Endpoint
- Paste your Rezdy Webhook URL
- Click Save
- Click the Show Webhook Private Key button
You should then see your Webhook Private Key, highlight and copy this key. Jump back into your Rezdy account and paste this key into the Webhook Private Key box (https://app.rezdy.com/apps/appdetails/smartwaiver)
Lastly click the Save button.
How to add Waivers to your Products
- Click on Inventory > My Products > click into the Product > Details tab.
- Scroll to the bottom of the page, tick the Ask customers to sign a Waiver box
- Select the appropriate Waiver
- Click Save product
Note: Only products with a Smartwaiver assigned will generate a Smartwaiver link.
Per Participant Questions
Go into your product settings Booking Info > Ask for each Participant > Enable for First Name and Last Name (minimum). This is necessary because each person will get their own unique smartwaiver link generated from Rezdy.
Enable Link in Email
Any email template you wish to display this waiver link you will need to enable the Item Details > Participant Details. You can access your email templates here, we suggest at least turning it on for your Online Booking Confirmation & Order details.
The link will display within the email on the 2nd page, they need to use this link for your manifest to update if they've signed.
(Optional) Enable Pending Email Validation
If you're having issues with receiving waivers due to your customers not validating their email you can enable this option.
- Click into name in the top right > Account Settings
- Click Waiver Console > Waiver Console Setting > Tick box and save. The next step is to enable Waivers for your products.
Frequently Asked Questions
Where is the Smartwaiver status displayed?
- You can view them in the manifest, ensure you enable the smartwaiver option in Filters first.
Why are waiver statuses not updating in Rezdy but they show as signed in Smartwaiver?
- This could be because your customer has not validated their email, check if they have validated their email. Alternatively in your Waiver Console Settings you can enable auto accepting of waivers without email validation. Or you're using a generic smartwaiver link and not a Rezdy generated link. Our link is automatically generated in the participant section in the confirmation email.