A credit card surcharge can be applied to both an online order, and if needed, internally when creating an order and charging the customer's credit card.
Note: You must be an Owner user to set up a credit card surcharge.
How to apply a credit card surcharge for online orders
- Click Settings.
- Select Online Payments.
- Accept Credit Card payments must be ticked, and a Payment Gateway must be set up correctly.
- Find the Credit Card Surcharge section, select between :
- No: No additional surcharges will apply.
- Yes (% of order total amount): Enter the Surcharge percentage amount e.g. 2.9%
- Yes (Fixed amount): Enter the Surcharge amount e.g. $2
Lastly, click the Save button at the bottom.
How to apply a credit card surcharge for internal orders
Important: Before you can manually add a credit card surcharge for internal orders, you must first set up a credit card surcharge for online orders.
Within a new (or existing) internal order:
- Look to the Products section.
- Beside the Total, click the Add cc surcharge link.
- Enter your surcharge amount.
You can then complete the rest of the internal order.
Tip: If you are going to send a payment request email to your customer, you do not need to manually add a credit card surcharge within the order. When your customer goes to pay online (via the payment request email), the credit card surcharge will apply as per usual.