You can now choose to manage prices for Expedia, centrally from your Rezdy account. Availability and bookings will continue to work as per usual if you choose to manage prices manually within Expedia.
Important: We strongly recommend you read through each of the sections below, before enabling this option in Rezdy.
Before you get started, what you need to know.
- Ensure that the commission % set in both Rezdy & Expedia is the same.
- The price sync option will be enabled within your Expedia account by default. However, you will need to manually enable this option within your Rezdy account.
- The currency settings within both Rezdy and Expedia must match.
- Once you have enabled the price sync option within Rezdy, all new products added to Rezdy (and mapped to Expedia) will start pushing rates to Expedia.
- There is no 'rollback' functionality. Once you have enabled the price sync option within Rezdy, all Expedia price data will be overridden.
- If you have more price options in Rezdy than Expedia and a match can be made, then Expedia will create the additional price options on their end.
- e.g. You have Adult & Child in Rezdy and only Adult in Expedia; then Expedia will automatically create a Child price option.
What is supported
The following Rezdy price types and options are supported. Rezdy & Expedia will attempt to match the standard price options and types e.g. Adult > Adult, Teenager > Youth, Concession > Senior, and so on. If a price option in Rezdy cannot be matched to a standard price type in Expedia, it will default to Traveler
|Rezdy Price Type||Rezdy Price Option||Expedia Price Type|
|Per person||All other price options e.g. Everyone, Single, Double, Group of, Family of etc||Traveler|
|Per Item||Custom & Quantity used is 1||Traveler|
What is not supported
The following product types and pricing options are not supported.
- Product types
- Private tour, Private charter, Transfer Shuttle or Flight, Gift Card, Merchandise, and Rental.
- Price option
- By Person - Custom with Quantity used = 0 setting
- By Day, By Hour, By Minute
- Combinations of priceTypes in one product, for an example, if you have an Adult & a Group price per person in your Rezdy product, Rezdy will ignore the Group price and only return the Adult price.
Rezdy & Expedia AgeBands
The below default Rezdy price options will be matched to the following Expedia AgeBands:
|Rezdy Price Option||Expedia Price Type||Expedia AgeBand|
Important: If you use custom price labels in Rezdy e.g. Child (0 - 15) & Adult (16+); these will be ignored, and we will send the above default Rezdy price options instead e.g. Child & Adult.
How to enable Rezdy price
Once you have thoroughly read the above sections, and you're ready to enable this option, start by browsing to the Agents page within your Rezdy account:
- Find and click Expedia in the list
- Scroll to the Rate section of the page
- Tick the allow box.
Frequently asked questions
I have turned on the price sync in Rezdy, it been over a week and my prices still haven't updated, why?
- This is most likely because all of your price options between Rezdy and Expedia could not be matched. We recommend you reach out to your Expedia Destination Manager to see if any errors exist on their end.
I enter a tax exclusive rate for one or more of my products in my Rezdy calendar, will my exclusive taxes/fees be added to the final price that is sent to Expedia?
- Yes. Rezdy will take the price in your calendar e.g. 100, and look for any exclusive taxes/fees e.g. 17% (VAT), and send 117 to Expedia.
I have seasonal prices set up in my Rezdy calendar, is this supported?
I have a 'Group per person' pricing in Rezdy but in Expedia, I have 'Volume per Group', is this supported?
- No. Price updates from Rezdy will fail, you will need to update your Expedia settings to match Rezdy (ie change to Volume per Person)
I have 'By Person > Group > Per person' and 'Total' price options in Rezdy, will my Group total price option in Expedia be updated?
- No. Expedia does not support multiple 'price types', therefore only the 'Group per person' will be updated.
I have By Person > Group > Per person min 1 max 20 set up in Rezdy, but in Expedia, only prices up to 8 persons have updated, why?
- Expedia currently supports maximum group size up to 8.
I am not happy with the price updates from Rezdy, can I automatically revert the prices back on Expedia?
- No. You first need to disable the price update option in Rezdy, and then manually update the prices in Expedia.
I have just made an update to my pricing in Rezdy, I need these new prices updated in Expedia ASAP, what can I do?
- Price sync occurs on schedule once a day at 5pm AEDT at the moment. Please reach out to your Expedia Destination Manager, they can do a manual refresh on their end. The frequency may change in the future.
If I enable price sync in Rezdy, will I still be able to update prices within my Expedia account?
- Yes, but Rezdy will eventually override your updates with the prices within your Rezdy calendar.
I have a Family price option in Rezdy, as well as Adult and Child, but only the Adult and Child price options have synced, why?
- Rezdy prioritises the standard 'ticket types' like Adult, Child, Infant etc. It is likely that only the Adult and Child price options were matched, and the Family was ignored.
If an error occurs during the price sync, will I be notified?
- This depends on the type of error encountered, with your Expedia Destination Manager reaching out to you directly.
What happens if I untick the Price Sync button in Rezdy?
- The price will remain as is in Expedia as per the last successful sync and no further changes will be made to the price in Expedia. Expedia will continue to attempt access to your Rezdy price until this functionality is disabled by your Expedia Destination Manager (on request)
What happens to my availability and bookings if the price sync fails?
- Availability and bookings are separate to the price sync, so if the price sync fails for whatever reason, availability and bookings between Rezdy and Expedia will continue to work as usual.
I have several price options in Rezdy for a particular product, but only Adult has synced to Expedia. What can I do to increase the chances for all price options to successfully sync?
- The only option you have is to match the price options between Rezdy & Expedia, as best as you can. This might mean changing the price options in Rezdy to match Expedia's default 'ticket types': Adult, Child, Infant, Youth, Student, Senior.
How often are my prices in Rezdy synced to Expedia?
- The price sync is done on a daily basis, exactly when will depend on your region/location on the Expedia side.
I have hundreds of sessions in my Rezdy calendar for several of my products, what happens if the price sync fails for one of those sessions?
- Each calendar session in Rezdy can be counted as a single update in a queue. Therefore if one update fails for a single session, the next update in the queue will continue as per usual.