We have completed the first step to support price sync between Rezdy & Viator. If you have not landed here via the pop-up alert within Rezdy, but you would like to take part in the beta testing; feel free to email us directly by clicking here. We will need to check if your Rezdy account meets the Viator pricing requirements.
During the Beta Testing Stage
Important: You must ensure your product in Viator is successfully mapped to a Rezdy product and the commission set in Rezdy matches your Viator account e.g. if the commission in Viator is set to 25%, and Rezdy is set to 15%; then you must set commission in Rezdy to 25%.
We need operators to be extra diligent during the testing stage and keep an eye out for any unexpected prices within the Viator Management Centre, Viator customer-facing website, and the Viator bookings that drop into your Rezdy account.
Please also note that:
- for every Rezdy product mapped to Viator, Rezdy will take the price found in the sessions on the Rezdy calendar, and send them to Viator as the retail price (the price customer pays)
- if the price is successfully synced, it will override all retail pricing previously set in your Viator Management Centre for the product in question. If the price is not what you have expected, you will need to let Rezdy know so that we can deactivate price sync then you will need to manually update this again in the Viator Management Centre
- if for some reason price sync has failed, Rezdy will let you know (currently there is no flag in Viator to indicate which product price has successfully synced) and the price in Viator will remain as-is (in the state found prior to the sync)
- if you do not have any exclusive tax set, it will be assumed that the price in the sessions is already tax inclusive. If exclusive tax is set, then we will use this to calculate a tax-inclusive price and sync this inclusive price to Viator (Viator requires all prices to be tax inclusive)
- price is synced once a week. In coordination with Viator during this pilot phase, once Rezdy enables price for your Viator connection, the prices found at that moment in time will sync to Viator. If any changes are made in Rezdy immediately after we enable price for Viator, you will need to wait until the next sync to see the updated values reflected in Viator.
Unfortunately not all price options in Rezdy are supported, keep reading below to learn more on which price options are supported and which are not.
Rezdy Price Options Supported
Below are the Rezdy price types and options that are supported and matched to the Viator price options.
|Rezdy Price Type||Rezdy Price Option||Viator Price Option|
|Everyone||Adult, Child, Infant, Youth, Senior|
|Custom & Quantity used is 1||Adult, Child, Infant, Youth and/or Senior **|
|Per Item||Custom & Quantity used is 1||Adult, Child, Infant, Youth and/or Senior **|
** Indicates that an attempt to match Rezdy Price Option to Viator Price Option will be made, if no match found, then prices will not be synced.
Rezdy Price Options Not Supported
Below are the Rezdy price types and options not supported.
|Rezdy Price Type||Rezdy Price Option|
|Family of 3|
|Family of 4|
|Family of 5|
|1 Adult + 2 Children|
|1 Adult + 3 Children|
|2 Adults + 1 Child|
|2 Adults + 2 Children|
|2 Adults + 3 Children|
|Custom & Quantity used is 2 or more|
Frequently Asked Questions
I have multiple types of products in my Rezdy account, which product types do not support price sync?
- Gift Card, Private tours, Charter, Shuttle & Transfer, Merchandise and Rental.
I am not happy with the price sync, can I automatically revert the prices on Viator?
- No, this will need to be done manually by first disabling the price sync within Rezdy. Then disable the price sync within Viator (please contact Viator support to do this), and then finally update the prices within your Viator Management Centre.
What happens to my availability and bookings if the price sync fails?
- Availability and bookings are separate to the price sync, so if the price sync fails for whatever reason, availability and bookings between Rezdy and Viator will continue to work as usual.
How often are my prices in Rezdy synced to Viator?
- After the initial successful price sync, every 12 hours Viator will request rates from Rezdy for the next 30 days. Every 24 hours Viator will request rates from Rezdy for the next 11 months.
Can I manually push my Rezdy prices to Viator?
Does this feature support the promotions that Viator sometimes run on their site?
If I have an Adult only price in Rezdy, but in Viator, I have Adult, Child, and Senior set up, will the price sync still work?
- Yes. However, Rezdy will only match and sync prices for the Adult price option on Viator. The Child and Senior prices remain as is and will not be updated in Viator. Either price option in Rezdy or agebands in Viator should be updated to match each respective systems ie add Child & Senior in Rezdy or remove Child & Senior from Viator.
If I have an Adult & Child price in Rezdy, but in Viator, I have Adult only set up, will the price sync still work?
- Yes. Rezdy will only match and sync prices for the Adult & Child price option on Viator. Viator will ignore the Child price, and Child cannot be booked by your guests. Either price option in Rezdy or agebands in Viator should be updated to match each respective systems ie add Child in Viator or remove Child from Rezdy
I have synced Rezdy price with Viator but I'm blocked from adding or removing a price option in Viator. What do I need to do?
You will need to:
Disable price sync in Rezdy app for Viator inapp
Request price sync to be disabled to Viator Support
Update price option/ageband in Viator Management Centre
Request to re-enable price sync to Viator Support
Reenable price sync in Rezdy app for Viator
If my Rezdy account is set up in AUD currency, and my Viator account set up in USD currency, will the price sync still work?
- No, the currencies must match. Click here to learn how to change your Viator currency.