I want to connect to Groupon
I want to connect to Groupon, what do I need to do?
- Are you an existing Groupon merchant? You will need to contact your account manager at Groupon. If you do not have contact details, please email Groupon for assistance.
- Are you new to Groupon? You will need to register as a new merchant on this link
- Once you have completed your commercials agreement with Groupon, you will need to share negotiated rates. Please see this article on the next steps
- You will need to undergo an onboarding process for each deal with Groupon. Groupon will work with you to assist with this process.
I have questions about prices, value prices, and more.
The crossed-out price on my Groupon listing, where does Groupon pull this from?
- On the Groupon deals page = Groupon
- 'Value price' found on Groupon calendar page = 'Advertised price' found on the Details tab of your Rezdy product.
My contract with Groupon has a different 'Value Price' per price option but in Rezdy I can only enter one 'advertised price' per product, what should I do?
- Pick the highest 'Value Price' found in your Groupon contract and enter this as the 'advertised price' in your Rezdy product (Details tab).
The crossed-out price in Groupon calendar has disappeared, why did this happen?
- Rezdy must return a 'Value Price' to Groupon.
- If the the 'advertised price' is lower than the highest price found in the Rezdy 'Calendar Schedule' or there is no 'advertised price' loaded in your Rezdy Product, Rezdy must find another way to provide a 'Value Price' that is equal to or greater than the Rezdy 'Calendar Schedule' price.
- When this occurs, Rezdy finds the highest price found in your Rezdy 'Calendar Schedule' and provide this as the 'Value Price' of your product to Groupon.
- When Groupon detects that the 'Value price' is equal to Sell price (Rezdy 'Calendar Schedule'), Groupon removes the 'crossed-out' price from the Groupon Calendar.
Why is the Green price displayed on the Groupon calendar very low?
- Groupon displays the lowest price for the day as the 'from price'. If the lowest price happens to be a child, then the child price will be displayed here. The price will be corrected to the actual price when the traveller selects date, time, quantity and price option label
What information is synced between my Rezdy account and Groupon?
How often is the price and availability of information in Rezdy updated to Groupon?
- Once every hour
I have 365 days of price and availability in Rezdy but only 2 months appear on Groupon, how can I sell more dates on Groupon?
- Groupon consumes a rolling 60 days of price & availability from Rezdy with this earlier release of integration. Should Groupon consume more days in the near future, the change will be automatic, no action required by the operator.
I have changed my product setting in my Rezdy account, do I need to notify Groupon?
- Content like Description, images, terms and conditions will need to be updated directly with Groupon, please contact Groupon for assistance.
- Others like price option labels, product name & booking conditions like min quantity, min book notice will automatically sync every hour.
What product types are supported on this integration?
- All except Shuttle/Transfers, Gift Cards & Merchandise, when a product type is not supported, all data associated with the product code will be blocked to Groupon
I want to make changes to my listing on Groupon
I already have a live connection between my Rezdy account and Groupon listing and I want to add more products to sell, what do I need to do?
- You will need to contact your Groupon account manager or contact Groupon support for assistance
What types of extra features can I use in this integration?
I want to set up product extras with Groupon, how do I do this?
- Currently, extras are not supported with this integration
I want to set up a hotel pick up with Groupon, how do I do this?
- Currently, hotel pick-ups are not supported with this integration
I want to set up collect more information from travellers with each Groupon booking, how do I do this?
- Currently, custom booking questions at order level is supported with this integration. Please enable this up in your Rezdy account under Inventory > Products > Booking Info. Text, Checkbox & List style questions are supported
I want to know more about what to do with Groupon bookings
Does the traveller need to contact me to book in a date for their Groupon Voucher?
- Travellers will be required to book in date & time at the time of their booking. This means you will be provided with the date & time they intend to travel upfront. All travellers need to do is turn up to your venue on the date & time they have booked to attend the service booked.
How do I redeem Groupon bookings?
- Groupon automatically redeems a Rezdy booking on the travel date provided with each booking. No further action is required by the operator.
How do I check travellers into Rezdy?
- If you require QR code to scan & check travellers in, Rezdy will provide Groupon with the QR code generated with each order. If QR code is not enabled for your Rezdy product, then the Rezdy order number will be provided as the QR code with each booking confirmation to Groupon.
- If QR code is enabled per participant for your Rezdy product, then a QR code generated/applied per participant in the booking confirmation to Groupon.
- Travellers will have your QR codes in their booking in the Groupon mobile app or a printed voucher.
- You can check-in travellers in using the Rezdy mobile app scanner if the QR code is Rezdy generated or your own scanner if you have uploaded your own set of QR code into the Rezdy product.
How do I receive payment for the booking after travel has been completed?
- As Groupon auto redeems a booking on the travel date provided with the confirmed booking, from this date. your payment terms with Groupon starts and Groupon will pay operators automatically according to the payment terms in your Groupon contract.
I need to provide instructions to the traveller about where to meet for the tour, where can I set this up
- Currently, pick up is not supported by this integration. However, some information can be updated directly with Groupon. Please contact Groupon for assistance
The traveller did not turn up for their tour, what do I do?
- As your Groupon booking is automatically redeemed on the date of your confirmed booking, there is no further action required by you. You will be paid for the booking.
I need to cancel the booking, what do I do?
- You can initiate a cancellation of any non redeemed bookings from your Rezdy account. Simply change the status of the booking in Rezdy to 'cancelled' status and click on save. This action will update the booking status in Groupon.