Groupon is an experiences marketplace that brings people more ways to get the most out of their city or wherever they may be.
By enabling real-time mobile commerce across local businesses, live events and travel destinations, Groupon help people find and discover experiences––big and small, new and familiar––that make for a full, fun and rewarding life.
1. Initial Setup: What you need to get started with Groupon
This integration enables Groupon to pull price & availability, booking questions & price option labels from Rezdy, you will still need to set up your product/deals and commission within your Groupon account. The Groupon onboarding team will assist you with this.
- You must have an account with Groupon. If you already work with Groupon, please contact your Groupon Sales manager.
- Complete the updated agreement provided by the Groupon Sales Manager.
- Create/update your deals on Groupon.
Important: Groupon requires the Sell price in your agreement to be inclusive of all taxes & fees. The price Groupon extracts from Rezdy will, therefore, be the calendar scheduled price of your product + any commission, taxes & fees.
2. Set up your products, price & availability
If the price of the product you have contractually agreed to sell through Groupon requires is already set up and no further changes are required, please go straight to Step 3
If you have agreed to an exclusive price with Groupon, you will need to set up a new product.
- Create a new product exclusive to Groupon by either creating as New or cloning one of your original products
- Add price and availability in your Rezdy Calendar for this new product. You have the option of loading price & availability directly for this product in the Rezdy Calendar or linking the availability of another product to your newly created product
- If linking availability, please remember to go back into the Rezdy calendar to update the price to what you have contractually agreed to with Groupon.
If you require any assistance with this step, please contact Rezdy Support
3. Share a Negotiated Rate
- Click here to load Groupon's Marketplace profile.
- Click Add Agent
- Read our T&C in regards to OTA connections and click Send Your Rates if you agree to proceed.
- Scroll to Rate, Select the Negotiated Rate you created from the list. Click here to learn how to create a negotiated rate.
- Click Add Agent
- Congratulations! You've sent your rates to Groupon.
Tip: When setting up the Rate Category in your Rezdy account, please ensure the commission % / Net amount is as per your Groupon agreement.
4. Rezdy & Groupon Product Mapping
Groupon will have access to your Rezdy product codes once you have completed step 3. To ensure Groupon is notified, please send your rates when prompted or re-send your rates from the saved Agent page
Groupon will assist with mapping the connection between your deals in Groupon to your products in Rezdy. The following process may take up to a week. Please work with your Groupon onboarding manager to complete this process.
- Once the mapping has been established, Groupon will sync both price, availability & price option labels for the next 60 days
- Groupon will review your deal set up
- Groupon may conduct some booking tests
- Groupon will contact you once your listing has been signed off then its Congratulations! Connectivity between Groupon and Rezdy has been established and Groupon is ready to start selling!
Future changes to the product or negotiated rates
Once connected, it is highly recommended that you reach out to your Groupon Account Manager directly prior to any changes to your product structure. Changing your product structure in Rezdy could possibly break the mapping to Groupon and cause bookings to fail.
Changes include but not limited to:
- Deleting a product originally connected to Groupon
- Removing products from a Rates Category linked to the Groupon account