Groupon is an experiences marketplace that brings people more ways to get the most out of their city or wherever they may be.
By enabling real-time mobile commerce across local businesses, live events and travel destinations, Groupon helps people find and discover experiences, big and small, new and familiar, that makes for full fun and rewarding life.
This article contains a checklist of Rezdy account and product requirements. You must meet all of the below requirements in order for your product pricing and availability to appear on Groupon
- Click here for a full list of supported & not supported Rezdy features
- Click here for an FAQ on common Groupon/Rezdy issues
Note: Groupon is currently onboarding new or existing Operators with deals on Groupon that are located in the US first, with plans for global support at a later date.
Initial Setup: What you need to get started with Groupon
This integration enables Groupon to pull price & availability, booking questions & price option labels from Rezdy, you will still need to set up your product/deals and commission within your Groupon account. The Groupon onboarding team will assist you with this.
- have an account with Groupon. If you already work with Groupon, please contact your Groupon Sales manager;
- complete the updated agreement provided by the Groupon Sales Manager; and
- create or update your deals on Groupon.
Important: Groupon requires the Sell Price in your agreement to be inclusive of all taxes & fees. Therefore, the price you load in your Rezdy calendar must be inclusive of all taxes & fees. Keep reading to learn more.
Set up your Rezdy products, price & availability
Groupon generally requires the retail/customer price to be exclusive to Groupon. This means a product exclusive to Groupon will need to be created in Rezdy.
- create a new product or clone an existing product;
- make sure all taxes and fees are disabled within the Taxes and Fees tab; and
- load availability and (sell) prices in your Rezdy calendar for this product.
What price do I load in my Rezdy calendar?
Groupon requires the Sell Price in your agreement to be inclusive of all taxes & fees. Therefore, the price you load in your Rezdy calendar must be inclusive of all taxes & fees.
Note: In the above example, $70 is the agreed upon Sell Price in my Groupon contract, therefore I simply need to load 70 when creating calendar sessions.
Additionally, to ensure that the above example price ($70) is sent to Groupon, make sure that all Taxes and Fees are disabled for all Rezdy products shared with Groupon. This will ensure no other exclusive tax or fee is added to your calendar prices.
Share a Negotiated Rate
- Click here to load Groupon's Marketplace profile.
- Click Add Agent
- Read our T&C in regards to OTA connections and click Send Your Rates if you agree to proceed.
- Scroll to Rate, Select the Negotiated Rate you created from the list. Click here to learn how to create a negotiated rate.
- Click Add Agent
- Congratulations! You've sent your rates to Groupon.
Note: When setting up the Rate Category in your Rezdy account:
Commission % = Groupon’s margin percentage.
Net Rate = Dollar amount Groupon is paying you per each purchase.
Rezdy & Groupon Product Mapping
Groupon will have access to your Rezdy product codes once you have completed step 3. To ensure Groupon is notified, please send your rates when prompted or re-send your rates from the saved Agent page
Groupon will assist with mapping the connection between your deals in Groupon to your products in Rezdy. The following process may take up to a week. Please work with your Groupon onboarding manager to complete this process.
- Once the mapping has been established, Groupon will sync both price, availability & price option labels for the next 60 days
- Groupon will review your deal set up
- Groupon may conduct some booking tests
- Groupon will contact you once your listing has been signed off then its Congratulations! Connectivity between Groupon and Rezdy has been established and Groupon is ready to start selling!
Future changes to the product or negotiated rates
Once connected, it is highly recommended that you reach out to your Groupon Account Manager directly prior to any changes to your product structure. Changing your product structure in Rezdy could possibly break the mapping to Groupon and cause bookings to fail.
Changes include but not limited to:
- Deleting a product originally connected to Groupon
- Removing products from a Rates Category linked to the Groupon account