Stripe has recently simplified the process for wiring funds and bank transfers.
Frequently Asked Questions
How long does it take for my refund to be processed?
- If your refund is successful it will be executed instantly and arrive in the card holders account after 10-15 days.
If the refund shows status 'pending', the execution will be delayed until the balance of your Stripe account can cover the full refund amount.
Why is my refund pending?
- Stripe will only process a refund if your available balance minus any account top-ups in the past 3 business days can cover the refund amount. Until then, your refund will show status pending.
How long does it take for my wire/bank transfer to be cleared.
- If you top-up your Stripe account balance via a wire/bank transfer, it will take 3-5 business days until transferred funds are cleared after they arrive in your Stripe account.
What amount of funds should I top up in order to have enough funds available to process my refunds?
- Try to estimate the value of the orders you will need to cancel/refund in the next week. You can always withdraw any surplus funds to your bank account.
What is the cost of topping up funds to my Stripe account?
- All charges are set by your bank. If possible transfer via a bank transfer to avoid the cost of a wire.