What can it do?
Your calendar should be your go to for the following.
- Mass update Availability (Fixed limit per session product)
- Mass update Pricing
- Mass add/remove resources (fixed limit/resource per session)
When to use?
- Only for Fixed dates & times sessions.
- When your sessions are repeating sessions.
- When you wish to affect all or some of your sessions.
- When your sessions are using Resources
- If you don't have access to Bulk Update
|1. Terminology||2. Example Setup|
|3. All Session Update||4. Partial Session Update|
Repeating Session: A session that was created with a repeating Until date.
Non-Repeating Session: Depending on the method used certain types of repeating session will not be affected by the update. There are 2 types of non-repeating session.
1. Empty repeating (either created as one off/saved as Only this session)
Example of one, as you can see there is no repeat field.
2. Order attached repeating. Any repeating session that receives and order instantly becomes an repeating session.
This setup will be used in different scenarios to see how our changes affect different types of sessions.
Session starts 1st JUN repeating until 30th JUN.
Availability is set to 10, using 1 resource (limit of 10).
13th JUN has an order attached, order attached repeating session.
14th JUN has had it's availability increased for a special event, empty repeating session.
All Sessions Update
Used for: Updating all session types (past, present and future) price and availability limit.
Not for: Adding/removing resources or if you have seasonal pricing setup (since it will be overridden).
Price Example Scenario
You want to increase all session price by $10.
1. Go into Product > Details > Update the price, save (or press ENTER).
2. You will be prompted with a Price Update box, click Update Sessions.
Outcome: All session types were updated, even our non-repeating sessions.
Q. Will this affect already made orders?
A. No, pricing will be preserved at the price it was sold for within the order.
Q. What does Do not change session do?
A. Is used for when you don't want to enforce this on your current sessions and will only apply for newly created sessions.
Availability Example Scenario
You want to change all your session's availability to 8.
1. Go into Product > Scheduling > Update the availability, save (or press ENTER).
2. You will be prompted with a Availability Update box, click Update Sessions.
Outcome: Order attached repeating session was not updated. You will need to go through your calendar and find these order attached repeating sessions and update them manually. (Tip: Filter your calendar for confirmed orders.)
The empty repeating session was updated (previously 17). So be wary if you have any special days with different availability because these will be affected.
Q. If I'm using a resource, can I go below or over the resource availability?
A. You can artificially lower/close availability when you use a resource as long it's a fixed limit per session product.
You cannot go over the limit of a resource though.
Partial Session Update
Used for: Updating a segment of your repeating session. Can be used to update price, availability and resources.
Session needs to have no orders attached to it, change will only affect other empty repeating sessions.
To Until Date Update: An update that runs to the until date of the session. The image below demonstrates a change that would be applied from the 1st JUN to repeat until date 30th JUN.
Segment Update: An update for a segment of your sessions but is not enforced to the until date of your session. An example segment would be from the 10th JUN to 20th JUN (based on the dates above).
To Until Date Update Scenario
You want to increase session price by $10 from the 25th JUN to 30th JUN.
1. From your calendar (use a filter if you have too many sessions) click on the session you want to start the change from, select Edit Session (View Details > Edit (top right) if it's a rental product).
2. Navigate to the pricing section and increase pricing by $10.
3. Save session, choose Following Sessions (change will apply from this date onwards).
Q. Some of my sessions did not update, why is that?
A. Most likely it was not an empty repeating session, you will have to edit those manually.
Q. My update wasn't saved, what happened?
A. If you are not using Google Chrome then it is known for your inputs to not be recorded by Rezdy, we always recommend using Chrome for Rezdy.
Segment Update Scenario
You want to increase session price by $10 from the 10th JUN to 18th JUN.
1. Separate end dates not to be affected: Since we don't want the 19th JUN onwards to be affected by the change we need to separate those dates.
In the calendar, edit the next available empty repeating session (so we can apply the change to all the empty ones). In this case it will be the 20th of JUN since there is an order on the 19th JUN (is now a non-repeating session because it has an order).
2. Save Session and choose Following Sessions. This has now separated your 20th JUN - 30th JUN sessions into their own block.
3. Editing first date in block you want to update. In this case the it's 10th JUN and increase pricing.
4. Save Session and choose Following Sessions.
5. If there are any non-repeating sessions within the segment you updated, they will need to be updated manually. Based on the scenario above, the 13th JUN will need to be updated manually due to having an order attached.
Q. I have multiple segments throughout my season I want to update, how do I do this?
A. The rule is you work backwards starting at the very end.
For example your season runs from APR - JUL and you want to update pricing for APR and JUN.
Separate (step 1,2) JUL > Update (Step 3-5) JUN > Separate (step 1,2) MAY > Update (Step 3-5) APR