There are 3 ways to charge your customers using Rezdy:
- Directly charge in Rezdy (Charges card) if your payment gateway supports this you will either see under Customer Payment (inside the order)
- Send a Payment Request Email to the Customer allowing them to pay at their own convenience, this can be manually triggered within an Order or you can configure 3 automated Payment Reminder emails to trigger at a set number of days before the booked date.
- External Payment (Doesn't charge card) if you are using Rezdy Vault or a payment gateway that does not support charging within Rezdy, it will need to be charged through a 3rd party method (eftpos machine, inside Paypal etc) and then manually logged in Rezdy.
Directly charge in Rezdy
- Click into the order number.
- Add Card to the order: Navigate to Customer Payment click Add a credit card to this order fill in the details. It may ask you for a post/zip code you will need the billing post/zip code this card is registered to, this may be different to customers home post/zip code.
- Charge or Add Card: If you want to charge the card on the spot then tick Charge credit card now, enter the amount to charge and click Charge Now.
To store the card just click Add Card, you will be able to charge the card at a later date. The card details will remain stored up till 30 days after the customer has travelled, once removed it cannot be retrieved.
4. Charge stored card: Click the Charge Now link, enter the amount you want to charge and click Charge now.
Send a Payment Request Email to Customer
- Click into the Order
- Click Email
- For the Payment Request email, click Send now
You can also automate 3 payment request emails to be sent at a set amount of days before the start date, click here to learn more.
Record an External Payment in Rezdy (Does not charge card)
- Navigate to the order: Find the payment type box under the customer payment section.
- Select the payment type
- If you have a stored card in there click Record External Payment
- Enter payment reference (like paypal reference) or a note of method used (like charged through EFTPOS) and enter the amount you successfully charged.
- The payment type, reference and date will be auto filled so just fill in the amount charged.
- Save Order