There are two ways to refund a customer:
- Directly in Rezdy: If your payment gateway supports this, a refund link will display next to the original charge. You can action a refund directly from this link.
- Outside of Rezdy: Some gateways will require you to do the refund through their merchant facility first and then log it in Rezdy (when successful). Those payments will not have a refund link.
How to refund directly in Rezdy
Find the booking you want to refund
- Scroll down to the Customer Payment
- Find the transaction you want to refund
- Click the Refund link
- Enter the amount you want to refund
- Click Refund Now
Important: Only available for Owner and Booking Admin users. Certain Gateways require the initial payment to be settled before you can trigger a refund in Rezdy. This period of time can take up to 24 hours.
How to record refund outside of Rezdy
- Process refund: Log into your merchant facility first and action the refund.
- Log Refund: In Rezdy select the payment type Refund, enter/paste the refund transaction ID into the ref number box select date for refund and enter the amount refunded.
- Save order.