There are two ways to perform a refund. To find out which payment gateway supports which option see here.
Directly in Rezdy: If your payment gateway supports this, a refund link will display next to the original charge. You can action a refund directly from this link.
Outside of Rezdy: Some gateways will require you to do the refund through their merchant facility first and then log it in Rezdy (when successful). Those payments will not have a refund link.
How to refund directly in Rezdy
Only available for Owner and Booking Admin users.
Certain Gateways require the initial payment to be settled before you can trigger a refund in Rezdy. This period of time can take up to 24 hours.
1. Click into the order number.
2. Navigate to Customer Payment: Find the transaction you want to refund, there should be a refund to the right if you can process a refund directly from Rezdy.
3. Click Refund: Find the charge you wish to refund for and click Refund, enter the amount you wish to refund and click Refund Now. If successful the system will generate a refund transaction ID.
Q. I refunded the customer a while ago but they haven't received their funds?
A. Odds are you used the Refund option from the Payment type box rather than the Refund link. All payments entered through this box ais for manual noting of a transactions, it will not process anything for you.
Q. How do I tell a processed vs manual refund?
A. Processed refund: Reference line should match your original charge reference.
Manual refund: Reference line for refund will be blank.
How to record refund outside of Rezdy
1. Process refund: Log into your merchant facility first and action the refund.
2. Log Refund: In Rezdy select the payment type Refund, enter/paste the refund transaction ID into the ref number box select date for refund and enter the amount refunded.
3. Save order.