There are two ways to perform a refund. To find out which payment gateway supports which option see here.
Directly in Rezdy: If your payment gateway supports this, a refund link will display next to the original charge. You can action a refund directly from this link.
Outside of Rezdy: Some gateways will require you to do the refund through their merchant facility first and then log it in Rezdy (when successful). Those payments will not have a refund link.
How to refund directly in Rezdy
Only available for Owner and Booking Admin users.
Certain Gateways require the initial payment to be settled before you can trigger a refund in Rezdy. This period of time can take up to 24 hours.
1. Click into the order number.
2. Navigate to Customer Payment: Find the transaction you want to refund, there should be a refund to the right if you can process a refund directly from Rezdy.
3. Click Refund: Find the charge you wish to refund for and click Refund, enter the amount you wish to refund and click Refund Now. If successful the system will generate a refund transaction ID.
Q. I refunded the customer a while ago but they haven't received their funds?
A. Odds are you used the Refund option from the Payment type box rather than the Refund link. All payments/transactions entered through this box is for manual noting of a transactions outside of Rezdy.
Q. How do I tell a processed vs manual refund?
A. Processed refund: Reference line should match your original charge reference.
Manual refund: Reference line for refund will be blank.
How to record refund outside of Rezdy
1. Process refund: Log into your merchant facility first and action the refund.
2. Log Refund: In Rezdy select the payment type Refund, enter/paste the refund transaction ID into the ref number box select date for refund and enter the amount refunded.
3. Save order.