Expedia’s brands attract more than 70 million web visitors each month. The integration between Expedia and Rezdy allows for all availability, bookings, and cancellations to be updated in real-time.
In order to allow Expedia to pull your availability from your Rezdy Calendar, you need to complete the following steps.
Important: Expedia is no longer onboarding new suppliers. If you have recently signed up to Expedia, you can still sell your products on Expedia using an existing GetYourGuide or Viator account. Speak to your GetYourGuide or Viator representatives to learn more.
1. Initial setup: What you need to get started
- You must create and register an account with Expedia.
- You must create products/experiences within your Expedia account.
- You must create products/experiences within your Rezdy account.
Tip: We recommend that you read our guide on making sure your Rezdy setup is OTA friendly, click here to learn more.
2. Share a Negotiated Rate
If you have not already created a Negotiated Rate, click here to learn how. Once you have created a Negotiated Rate:
- Click here to load Expedia's Marketplace profile.
- Select Add Agent.
- Read our T&C in regards to OTA connections and click Send Your Rates if you agree to proceed.
- Scroll to Rate, Select the Negotiated Rate you created from the list.
- Click Add Agent.
- Congratulations! You've sent your rates to Expedia, now to complete the setup from their end.
3. Match Rezdy Product codes to Expedia Mapping Spreadsheet
You can find the Product codes via the Expedia Profile, compare these codes with the mapping spreadsheet given to you from your Expedia Destination Manager. These codes are the foundation of establishing the connection between Expedia and Rezdy.
- Click here to load the Expedia Marketplace profile.
- Select Rates.
- You will find the codes within the Product section.
Note: If you need further assistance with the mapping spreadsheet, please contact your Expedia Destination Manager.
Enabling Expedia booking questions
Rezdy has the ability to capture customer information during the Expedia checkout process. By default, all Expedia customers are required to provide the lead traveller's name, phone number, and email address.
You also have the option to enable (for all travellers/participants) name, weight, height, pick-up/arrival location, and drop-off/departure location.
To find out how to enable these options, head on over to the Expedia Help Center .
Note: You will find all customer information provided by Expedia within the Rezdy booking.
Future changes to product or session structure
Once connected, it is highly recommended that you reach out to your Expedia Destination Manager directly prior to any changes to your product structure. Changing your product structure could possibly break the mapping and cause bookings to fail.
Changes include but not limited to:
- Adding/Removing/Updating ticket types (e.g. Adult, Child, Infant).
- Adding/Removing/Updating tour options (e.g. 9AM departure, 2PM departure).
- Updating availability type between Freesale & Limited availability.