How To Connect to ViatorFollow
Viator, a TripAdvisor company, is the leading global tours and activities provider for travellers, delivering online and mobile access to thousands of curated trip activities including tours, attractions, shore excursions and private guides, in more than 1,500 destinations worldwide.
Tip: We recommend that you read our guide on making sure your Rezdy setup is OTA friendly, click here to learn more.
1. Initial Setup: What you need to get started to connect to Viator
- You must create and register an Experience Operator account with Viator/TripAdvisor. Click here to register your account with Viator/Tripadvisor. If you already have an account with Viator/TripAdvisor and products are already set up, please continue to Step 2
- You must create products/experiences within your Viator/TripAdvisor account.
- You must create products/experiences within your Rezdy account.
Note: This integration enables Viator to pull availability from Rezdy into Viator, you will still need to set up product content, price option labels, pricing and commission within your Viator/TripAdvisor account.
2. Share a Negotiated Rate
Once the above initial setup is complete, you can then send a Negotiated Rate to the Viator Agent account in Rezdy.
- Click here to load Viator's Marketplace profile.
- Click Add Agent
- Read our T&C in regards to OTA connections and click Send Your Rates if you agree to proceed.
- Scroll to Rate, select a Negotiated Rate (click here to learn how to create a Negotiated Rate)
- Click Add Agent
- Congratulations! You've sent your rates to Viator.
3. Set Rezdy as your booking software in Viator
Once you have sent a Negotiated Rate, you will need to link Rezdy as your booking system to your Viator account.
- You will need to select Rezdy as the booking software in your Viator account
- Login to your Tripadvisor Experiences Management Center
- Click on your company name in the top right corner, and click Account.
- Open the Connectivity section.
- Select Connect Now,
- Choose Rezdy as your system from the dropdown menu, and save.
For further instructions on how to do this can be found in this article
- This action will trigger an automated connection request is sent to our Marketplace Connections team to enable the connection
- Marketplace Connections will send you an email to advise connection has been established and you are ready to start mapping
4. Rezdy & Viator Product Mapping
- Locate your Rezdy product codes in your Rezdy account. You can find the Product codes via the Viator Profile, compare these codes with the mapping spreadsheet given to you from your Viator Account Manager. These codes are the foundation of establishing the connection between Viator and Rezdy.
- Click here to load the Viator Marketplace profile
- Click Rates
- You will find the codes within the Product section
- Map your Viator products to Rezdy
- Congratulations! You've now enabled connectivity between Viator and Rezdy and Viator is now ready to start selling!
Note: The procedure for our Marketplace Connections team to enable the API connectivity usually completed within 24 to 48 hours, but can sometimes take longer. If it has been longer than 48 hours and your products are still not available on Viator, click here to raise a support ticket.
- Please ensure your Viator commission setting in Rezdy matches your commission set up in Viator as this will affect the final price of each booking.
- The email provided with each booking will be a Viator closed-loop email. Any email that is sent to the Viator email, will be sent directly to the Traveller's real email address. Click here to learn more.
- Operators have full control over their Viator mapping. To update the mapping/connection of any existing Viator products to Rezdy, please visit Tripadvisor Experiences Management Center to make the adjustments. Details on how to do this can be found in this article
Future changes to product or session structure
Once connected, we strongly recommend that you reach out to your Viator Account Manager directly prior to any changes to your product structure. Changing your product structure could possibly break the mapping and cause bookings to fail.
Changes include but not limited to:
- Adding/Removing/Updating ticket types (e.g. Adult, Child, Infant, etc.)
- Adding/Removing/Updating tour options (e.g. 9AM departure, 2PM departure, etc.)
- Updating availability type between Freesale & Limited availability
- Deleting a product originally connected to Viator
- Removing products from a Rates Category linked to the Viator account
Are you Marketplace ready?
Marketplace Set Up #1 - How to configure Marketplace Settings
Learn how to set up your Company Profile for the Marketplace with this guide.
Article is closed for comments.