Create an exclusive tax if the price of your products and services do not include tax. Taxes will be added at the point of purchase.
How to set up an exclusive tax
- Click Settings.
- Select Taxes and Fees.
- Click the New tax or fee button.
From within the New Tax or Fee screen
- Enter a Label.
- Select Tax.
- Enter the Percentage.
- Leave the Prices Inclusive box unticked.
- Compound (optional): A compound tax is applied on top of other taxes that precede it. You can select the order in which tax and fees apply when setting up each product. Click here to learn more.
- Click Create.
How to enable a tax on your products
From within a Product's set up page:
- Click the Taxes and Fees tab.
- Tick the tax you want to be applied.
Finally, click the Save product button.