Rezdy is now integrated with Xero, a cloud-based business accounting software that is becoming very popular worldwide.
- Every time a new order is created in Rezdy, it will automatically create an invoice in Xero populated with your customer's data (product and payment information).
- When an order or product is updated in Rezdy, it will automatically update in Xero.
- You can go directly to Xero from an order page in Rezdy.
Important: If you have multiple Rezdy accounts, you will need to set up multiple Xero accounts. Attempting to connect 2 (or more) Rezdy accounts to 1 Xero account will cause disconnections.
Important things to note
- Our integration is a one way 'Rezdy to Xero' integration. Therefore payments added to Xero do not update Orders in Rezdy.
If you are registered for GST, and you need your Xero invoices raised with the appropriate inclusive tax amount, you must have an inclusive tax created and enabled for all products. Click here to learn more.
- Orders in a confirmed status, or orders with a payment type added, will raise a Xero invoice in Awaiting payment.
- Orders in a pending status in Rezdy will raise a Xero invoice in Draft.
Bookings from Agents within the Marketplace and/or other distribution channels like Viator/Expedia, will raise invoices within Xero for the Customer who has booked, rather than the Agent who has made the booking.
- Editing an invoice that contains payment(s) is not supported by Xero. However, we can update the invoice in certain states, by removing the invoice payments, applying the changes and reapplying the payments again (if it's not explicitly disabled by the Xero setting 'Never Update Invoice').
- We never update an invoice if any of the invoice payments is already reconciled.
- By default we also never update a Xero invoice due date (if it's not enabled by 'Never Update Invoice Due Date' setting)
- It's possible to setup a default "Payment Account Code" in your Xero settings. This setting can be overridden by setting an account code for a specific payment type, e.g. "Cash Account Code".
Initial Rezdy Setup
- Browse to the Third Party Apps page
- Click the Connect to Xero button
Allow Xero Access
You will be redirected to login to your Xero account to authorise and allow access for Rezdy. Click the Allow access button.
Final Rezdy Configuration
Once you have allowed access, you will be taken back to Rezdy where you should see your Xero account settings, e.g.
- Chart of Account settings
- Payment types
- Tax types
Important: Your Payment Account Code cannot be the same as your Surcharge Account Code, if they are errors will trigger.
Payment Type Settings (Optional): You can also map specific Rezdy payment types to specific Xero account types. If you leave these blank they will default to your Payment Account Code option.
- Post payments as reconciled: all payments within Rezdy bookings will be sent to Xero as reconciled. (Recommend set to FALSE)
- Invoice Issue Date: can be set to the booking created date, or the tour start date.
- Invoice Due Date: can be set to the booking created date, or the tour start date
- Never Update Invoice Issue Date: If True, once an invoice is created within Xero; this date cannot be updated.
- Never Update Invoice Due Date: If True, once an invoice is created within Xero; this date cannot be updated.
- Never Update Invoice: If True, once an invoice is created within Xero; the invoice cannot be later updated. (Recommend set to FALSE)
- Never Create Invoice When Agent Attached: If True, all bookings within Rezdy with an Agent attached, will NOT raise an invoice within Xero.
Lastly, Click Save.
Rezdy Product Setup (Optional)
Within your Rezdy Product setup, choose the 'Xero Account Code' and 'Xero Tax Type' most appropriate for the Product.