Retiring Rezdy vault
At the below time we will be completing the final stage of retiring Rezdy Vault with the removal of all remaining stored payment details.
- Monday 3rd May 12pm AEST
- Sunday 2nd May 2am GMT
- Sunday 2nd May 10pm EST
If you have outstanding payments that require processing, we recommend you complete these transactions prior to the above time, or contact your customers to arrange an alternative method of payment.
Check out the frequently asked questions below for more information on what to do next.
Frequently asked questions
Why are you retiring Rezdy vault?
- Rezdy vault no longer meets the requirements of new data protection laws that are being enforced around the world. New laws in Europe (Strong Customer Authentication) and the US (California Consumer Privacy Act) are only the beginning of stronger protection laws that will follow globally.
What potential concerns or outcomes could occur if Rezdy vault is not removed?
- Because Rezdy vault is no longer compliant, both Rezdy and our customers are at risk of compliance and regulatory fines. This change will also remove potential concerns relating to fraudulent charges occurring on guest credit cards.
When will you retire Rezdy vault?
- We will start the process of removing Rezdy vault on the 22nd March, this means all customers currently using Rezdy vault will have access to take new bookings up until this date but will eventually lose access during the day.
Can I still take online bookings after Rezdy vault has been removed?
- Yes. After the removal has occurred, we will ensure that at least one other form of payment option is selected. This will allow you to take online bookings while you sign up for another payment gateway.
What happens to the bookings I currently have?
- All bookings previously made with Rezdy Vault will have the card numbers available until 1st May 2021. After this date, all card details will be removed from the bookings.
How can I collect payments on my existing bookings after this?
- As all credit card information will be removed, the best option is to ensure you have charged all customer credit cards in advance. Alternatively, we recommend that you select a new payment gateway e.g. RezdyPay, Trust My Travel, or any other payment gateway that we support.
Once a new payment gateway has been set up, you’ll be able to send payment requests to collect credit card information. The customers credit card details will be securely stored in accordance with PCI DSS and data protection regulations. A full list of available payment gateway options can be found on our website.
How can I collect payment on future bookings?
- We recommend that you select a new online payment gateway e.g. RezdyPay, Trust My Travel, or any other payment gateway that we support. A full list of available payment gateway options can be found on our website.
Which payment gateway does Rezdy recommend for me?
- If you are transacting in AUD, NZD, USD, CAD, EUR, or GBP, we recommend RezdyPay. For all other currencies, we recommend Trust My Travel. Should neither of these options be right for your business, you can choose from the full list of available payment gateway options found on our website.
What other payment options do I have besides an online payment gateway?
- If setting up a new payment gateway takes time, you can still take payments using a regular PayPal account, bank transfer, cash on the day, or invoice. All of these options can be found in your account settings under ‘Online Payments’.
My current setup means I can set up payouts to occur at a daily frequency, is this still possible in Rezdy with a different online payment gateway?
- Yes. This is possible with RezdyPay (recommended for customers transacting in AUD, NZD, USD, CAD, EUR, or GBP). By default RezdyPay is set up for weekly payouts for all currencies. For customers transacting in AUD, NZD, USD, or CAD a quick discussion with our customer care team will allow you to request daily payouts. At this time EUR & GBP are limited to weekly.
I was using Rezdy vault to collect card information to charge at a later date, is this possible with a different online payment gateway?
- Yes. This is possible with RezdyPay by setting a 'No charge' booking deposit. The credit card details will be then securely stored and you’ll be able to charge the card at a later date. All credit card details are stored securely up until 30 days post the activity/tour/session date. To learn more about booking deposit rules, click here.
Are there any fees involved with taking a 'No charge' deposit?
- There will be no credit card fee as there is no charge. However if there are booking fees, they will apply at this time. If you are absorbing the booking fee, there is no charge to your guests. If you are passing this on, the booking fee will get charged at check out, to the guest. In this case we recommend absorbing this fee and building it into the cost of the tour.
Can I continue to use my own EFT terminal or external payment processes?
- Yes. As long as the new payment gateway you select in Rezdy allows the storage of credit cards e.g. RezdyPay, and you set up a 'No charge' booking deposit rule.
My application for an online payment gateway has been rejected, what can I do?
- Certain companies fall in to restricted categories for payment gateways (e.g. Airlines). If this is the case there is little that Rezdy can do to rectify this, as the decision rests with the payment gateway itself. Should this occur you are still able to use Rezdy in future but you will have to use one of the other payment methods available, such as a regular PayPal account, bank transfer, cash on the day, or invoice.