Create a Gift Card that can be purchased and used towards your Products. You can define a fixed amount that the Gift Card is worth or make it bookable for a specific Product. You can also create a rolling credit, essentially creating a hybrid "membership" type Product.
Getting started: Create a New Product
- Select Gift Card in the Product type selection, click Next
- Enter a Product Name of the Gift Card
- Gift Card Value:
- Fixed amount - The gift card is equivalent to cash. It can be used for any product and extra.
- Specific product - This gift card can only be used to book the selected product. The gift card price(s) matches the product's price(s)
- Specific product - Custom price: This gift card can only be used to book the selected product, but its selling price is not the product's price
- Specific catalog - This gift card can be used to book any product within the selected catalog
- Rollover unused value: Ticking this will create a rolling credit for any amount/price based gift card e.g. Fixed amount, Specific product - Custom price, and Specific catalog.
- Gift Card Expiry - Choose between:
- Fixed number of days: Enter the amount of days for the Voucher to expire, 0 for no expiry
- Fixed Date: Enter the date for the Voucher to expire.
- Gift card taxes & fees: Whether the gift card includes taxes and fees when it is redeemed. If checked, taxes will be calculated on the discounted amount. If not checked, taxes will be calculated on the full amount without discount.
Add the final touches to the Product by entering descriptions and uploading a Gift card cover image.
Allowing the buyer to enter the recipient details
By doing this, you allow your customers to buy gift cards and send them via email to their recipients. We strongly recommend that you enable the following fields
- First Name
- Last Name
- Message to recipient
This results in the following fields for the buyer to complete online:
Adding Additional Extras
Please Note: Extras only apply to the gift card itself, they are not included in the gift card value. For example, an extra on a gift card would be for Postage or Printing Custom Cards. They are not intended for your products Extras, such as a Helmet for a Bike Rental Product.