When to use?
- When you wish to run a discount promotion, with or without restrictions.
- Can be used repeatedly by the same customer. If you're looking for a single use code per customer see My Vouchers.
1. Click on your Inventory, then click My Promo Codes
2. Click on New Promo Code
|1. Code||2. Applied once per||3. Validity Date||4. Travel Date||5. Redemption Limit|
|6. Minimum Amount||7. Taxes & Fees||8. Extras||9. Internal||10. Value|
1. Code: Select a unique code, that only contains letters and numbers and no spaces. For example, FACEBOOK10.
2. Applied Once Per:
Order : Discount is applied only once per order
Product : Discount is applied once per eligible product (when booking multiple products per order)
Quantity : Discount is applied once for each eligible quantity
3. Validity Date: Select a FROM and TO (OPTIONAL) date for when this promo code will be valid for use. Leaving the TO blank will create an open ended promo code valid from the FROM date.
In the example above the customer needs to redeem the code between 1 JAN 18 - 31 DEC 18.
4. (OPTIONAL) Travel Date: Select a FROM and TO date for when the customer needs to travel between. Leaving this blank will create a non restrictive promo code.
In the example above the customer can only book to travel between 1 JU 18 and 31 DEC 18.
Do not fill in if you plan to use it for a Gift card/voucher product, it will not work because vouchers naturally do not have travel date restrictions.
Teleport to the Top ▲
5. Redemption Limit: Restricts how many times a promo code can redeemed in TOTAL, it cannot be controlled on a per unique customer basis.
Limited: Counted per order used, not per person. If you had a limit of 5 and a customer made an order for 5 people, this would count as 1 redemption (4 redemptions left).
6. Min Amount: Is a minimum spend requirement before the promo code can be applied. So if your minimum spend is $200, the customer will need at least $200 worth of product in the cart before they can use it.
9. Internal: Used to hide the promo code applied on a customer's invoice. Primarily for internal promo codes you may have for special case discounts only to be used by staff.
10. Select a Value
- Fixed amount for one product if you want this promo code to be used as a payment method for a fixed amount and a specific product.
- Fixed amount for any product if you want this promo code to be used as a payment method for a fixed value for the whole shopping cart.
- Fixed amount for any product within a catalog if you want this promo code to be used as a payment method for a fixed amount and limit its usage to a specific catalog/category.
- % discount for one product if you want this promo code to give a percentage discount for a specific product.
- % discount for any product if you want this promo code to give a percentage discount for the whole shopping cart.
- % discount for any product within a category if you want this promo code to give a percentage discount and limit its usage to a specific category.
- Apply Discount To appears when you set it for one product with multiple pricing options. It allows you to control which pricing option can use the discount.
11. (OPTIONAL) Internal Notes: Add any notes for staff.
Q. I tried to redeem a promo code I just made but it says it's invalid.
A. Check your validity date (step 3), odds are your FROM date is not starting from today.
Q. Can I restrict promo code redemptions to one per customer?
A. No, you will need to use voucher codes.
Q. Will my promo code be automatically be displayed/promoted?
A. No, you will need to promote this yourself through your website/social media/email etc. We normally advise you to edit your product description to have it automatically visible when a customers is booking.
Q. Can my Agents/their customers use a promo code when booking?
A. An agent cannot use a promo code when making bookings internally (like in the marketplace) and their customers cannot use one when booking through them. If you wish to give your agent a discount you will need to create a separate versions of your product with a lower base price.