How To Connect Google Analytics 4 to RezdyFollow
Google has released its next generation of analytics (click here to explore more ) and Rezdy supports the new GA4 property ID.
Important: We strongly recommend you consult a professional for help with setting up Google Analytics, view Google's analytics documentation here .
Rezdy booking code snippet
Set up cross-domain measurement
Which ever setup method you use, either a GTAG manually installed on to your website or a more sophisticated setup using Google Tag Manager (GTM); you will need to set up a cross-domain measurement. Click here to learn more .
- You need your main website URL i.e. mywebsite.com, and;
- your Rezdy booking form URL i.e. companyname.rezdy.com. This can be found within Settings > Company Profile.
Tip: Select Contains as the Match type (unless you have very specific reasons), and omit paths like 'https://' or '/mypage/1/2'.
Google Tag Manager (GTM) setup
Note: If you choose to set up GA using GTM, you do not need to complete the GTAG method.
Follow Google's instructions on how to set up and deploy a GTM container onto your website, ensuring your Google Analytics 4 GTAG is included.
You will be required to copy & paste a code snippet similar to below:
<!-- Google Tag Manager -->
new Date().getTime(),event:'gtm.js'});var f=d.getElementsByTagName(s),
<!-- End Google Tag Manager -->
- Replace 'GTM-XXXXXXX' with your measurement ID.
More information can be found here https://support.google.com/tagmanager/answer/9442095?hl=en
Google Analytics (GTAG) setup
Note: If you choose to set up GA using GTAG, you do not need to complete the GTM method.
Follow Google's instructions on how to set up analytics on your website. You will be required to copy & paste a code snippet similar to below (into the <head> section), on all pages you want to measure:
<!-- Google tag (gtag.js) -->
<script async src="https://www.googletagmanager.com/gtag/js?id=G-XXXXXXXXXX"></script>
window.dataLayer = window.dataLayer || ;
gtag('js', new Date());
- Replace 'G-XXXXXXXXXX' with your measurement ID.
More information can be found here https://support.google.com/analytics/answer/9304153
- Click Integrations.
- Select Google.
- Enter your Tracking ID or Measurement ID.
- Analytics Type: Select your Google Analytics type
- GTag (recommended)
- Universal GA
- Legacy GA
- Use AMP Client ID: Checking this box will set the useAmpClientId GA property as TRUE.
- Linked Domain: Ensure you enter your main website URL (without https or www) e.g. mywebsite.com.
- Enable Ecommerce Tracking?: Check this option if you would like to track purchase details.
- Click Save Google Analytics.
Frequently Asked Questions
I have an existing Universal Analytics setup, can I migrate to Google Analytics 4?
- Yes. Click here to learn more.
Please sign in to leave a comment.