You can now choose to sync prices from your Rezdy with supported products in your GetYourGuide Supplier Administration account. Availability and bookings will continue to work as per usual if you choose to continue managing prices manually within GetYourGuide.
Important: Price sync is only supported by a select number of price type settings in Rezdy. If price is enabled for a price type that is not supported, it can render your product unbookable on GetYourGuide. We strongly recommend you read through each of the sections below, before enabling this option in GetYourGuide. If you are unsure whether your products meet the pricing requirement outlined below, please contact our support team.
Before getting started: What you need to know.
- You can only enable price sync from your GetYourGuide Supplier Administration account.
- The product must be accessible to GetYourGuide via Negotiated rates in your Rezdy account.
- Only the 'By Person' Rezdy product pricing setting is supported, specifically:
- By default, only availability will be synced with GetYourGuide, but the price option can be enabled as part of the product mapping process done within GetYourGuide.
- The price will be synced as Retail Price inclusive of taxes and fees.
- The currency settings between both Rezdy and GetYourGuide must match.
- Price option type in Rezdy must match the price category to GetYourGuide (unless conversion is in place - see table below for supported & unsupported price types)
- Once you have enabled the price sync option within GetYourGuide and all conditions have been met, the product with 'price and availability' mapping enabled will start consuming price and availability as found in your Rezdy account.
- If the 'price and availability' has been enabled in GetYourGuide but price cannot be supported, Rezdy will continue to return Availability only and the mapping in GetYourGuide will revert to 'Availability'. However, until the Operator re-enter the price for the product directly in the GetYourGuide account, the product will remain unbookable
- There is no 'rollback' functionality. Once you have enabled the price sync option within GetYourGuide, all price data in GetYourGuide product will be deleted in preparation to receive price from Rezdy.
- If you have a mix of price types that can be supported for Price sync, Rezdy will return only the supported price to GetYourGuide and exclude all others (please refer to table below for supported & unsupported price types).
What is supported
The following Rezdy price types and options are supported. Rezdy will look for price option types that are supported by GetYourGuide and convert some of those to match e.g. Everyone to Adult, Teenager to Youth, and so on. If the product contains supported price types in combination with others that are not supported; only the supported price types will be returned to GetYourGuide and others in the product will be ignored. Rezdy will validate suitability by placing priority on supported price types, By person and Adult.
If in doubt, please contact your Rezdy support team for assistance.
|Rezdy Price Type||Rezdy Price Option||GetYourGuide Price Type|
|By Person||Everyone *||Adult|
* If Everyone is found in the Rezdy product in addition to unsupported price types, Everyone will be converted to Adult and all other price types in the Rezdy product will be ignored. Price as Adult will be returned to GetYourGuide along with availability.
^ If Single is found in the Rezdy product and no other price types, then Single will be converted to Adult. If Single is found in the Rezdy product in addition to unsupported price types, Availability only will be returned to GetYourGuide.
What is not supported
The following price, product and tax types are not supported.
|Rezdy Price Type||Rezdy Price Option|
|All pre-defined groups (except for Single) e.g. Family of 3, 1 Adult + 2 Children, Double, Quad, and so on.|
|Rezdy Product Type|
|Rezdy Tax Type|
|Fee Per order (amount)|
|Other Rezdy Product features|
|Pick up price|
How to enable Rezdy price in GetYourGuide
Once you have thoroughly read the above sections, and you're ready to enable this option, please read the GetYourGuide support article on Price over API and follow the instructions outlined. Here is a summary of steps :
- Login to your GetYourGuide Supplier Administration account,
- Go to Products → Manage Products.
- Choose the product you would like to connect with, and click Edit details.
- Under Options, choose the product option you would like to connect and click Connectivity Settings → Edit.
- Under Do you use a booking system for your availability?, select Yes.
- Select Rezdy from the dropdown list and paste the Rezdy product code for the corresponding product in your Rezdy account.
- Under What do you want to configure automatically?, select Availability and price.
- You will be prompted to confirm that any manually configured price configurations will be deleted.
- Click on Add new pricing and create pricing configuration with categories identical to the ones in your reservation system. Save your created pricing configuration.
- Click Save to validate and save your settings. A success message will appear if connection was established successfully.
Frequently Asked Questions
My product/s on the GetYourGuide website no longer appears live, why?
- If you have recently updated your product mapping in GetYourGuide to be 'availability and price' then it's likely your product in Rezdy contains price type, product type or fee that is not supported by GetYourGuide or there is a mismatch of price type in Rezdy and Price category in GetYourGuide or Currency between the respective systems. Please login to your GetYourGuide Supplier Administration account and add new pricing configurations to manage your price manually. Your product should appear back in GetYourGuide website shortly after
The price for my product on the GetYourGuide website does not match the price in Rezdy, why?
- GetYourGuide requires Retail Price inclusive of all taxes and fees. Your product may be set to tax exclusive in Rezdy, Rezdy will mark up the price found in the Rezdy calendar (or the product does not require a session) and mark up the price to be tax/fee inclusive.
I have seasonal prices set up in my Rezdy calendar, is this supported?
I have a 'By Person > Group > Per person' price type in Rezdy but in GetYourGuide, I have 'Pricing Tiers', is this supported?
- No. volume-based pricing per person is not supported in this initial phase of Price over API.
I have Adult and Child price type in Rezdy but Adult only in GetYourGuide, will this work?
- No. if the price type in Rezdy does not match price category in GetYourGuide, GetYourGuide will not accept the price Rezdy provides. To fix this, Operator should create/update price category in GetYourGuide to match Rezdy pricing types.
I have Adult, Child and Concession price type in Rezdy but Adult and Child in GetYourGuide, will this work??
- Yes, in part. Rezdy will provide GetYourGuide with price for Adults & Child only (and ignore Concession).
I have Adult, Child and 'By Person > Group > Per person' price type in Rezdy, will this work??
- Yes, in part. Rezdy will provide GetYourGuide with price for Adults & Child only (and ignore 'By Person > Group > Per person' pricing). Adult & Child price category should be set up in GetYourGuide.
I have Everyone price type in Rezdy. What should I set up in GetYourGuide??
- Everyone will be converted to 'Adult' and if the product contains Everyone in addition to others, then Rezdy will provide a price for Everyone as 'Adult' to GetYourGuide and ignore all others. Operator should set 'Adult' (with age '0-99) in GetYourGuide.
I have Single price type in Rezdy. What should I set up in GetYourGuide??
- Single will be converted to 'Adult' and Rezdy will provide a price for Everyone as 'Adult' to GetYourGuide. The operator should set 'Adult' (with age '0-99) in GetYourGuide. If the product contains 'Single' in addition to other price types, then it is considered 'unsupported' therefore availability only will be provided to GetYourGuide.
I have matched the price type in Rezdy with price category in GetYourGuide but my mapping is still failing. Why?
- Certain product types, price types, Fee/s per order and mismatch of currency can cause price not to be provided/accepted by GetYourGuide. Please check the above table to see if your product falls within any of the above unsupported configurations
I am not happy with the price updates from Rezdy, can I automatically revert the prices back on GetYourGuide?
- No. You first need to change the mapping back to 'availability only' in GetYourGuide then manually update the prices in GetYourGuide.
I have just made an update to my pricing in Rezdy, I need these new prices updated in GetYourGuide ASAP, what can I do?
- Price is provided to GetYourGuide along with availability. Availability sync runs on the following schedule:
- Every 8 days GetYourGuide will fetch availability (and prices) for the next 365 days
- Every 4 days GetYourGuide will fetch availability (and prices) for the next 90 days
- Every 1 day GetYourGuide will fetch availability (and prices) for the next 30 days
- Every 4 hours GetYourGuide will fetch availability (and prices) for the next 7 days
If I enable price sync in GetYourGuide will I still be able to update prices manually in my GetYourGuide account?
- No, the Price section will be greyed out and blocked from manual updates in GetYourGuide.
I have a Family price option in Rezdy, as well as Adult and Child, but only the Adult and Child price options have synced, why?
- Rezdy prioritises the standard 'ticket types' like Adult, Child, Infant etc. It is likely that only the Adult and Child price options were matched, and the Family was ignored.
I have validated my Rezdy product and know that it is not supported for price sync but I still see 'Price and Availability' option in my GetYourGuide mapping, does this mean price sync is available for my product after all?
- No, 'Price and 'Availability' option will appear for all product mapping in GetYourGuide regardless of whether your product contains price types that is supported.
If an error occurs during the price sync, will I be notified?
- This depends on the type of error encountered, GetYourGuide support will reach out to you directly in the event of repeat errors.
How often is price synced with GetYourGuide?
- Price changes are sent to GetYourGuide in real-time (we do wait a few seconds to bundle all changes into 1 notification to GetYourGuide). This means as soon as you make a price change in Rezdy Calendar, this information will be sent to GetYourGuide within seconds.